The campaign is the main mode you can play in in From The Depths, in most cases its fairly simple, you have a base, the enemy have a base, you attack enemy base and win. Often there is more than 1 faction so you would need to repeat the same thing many times.
Campaign Types[edit | edit source]
Campaigns splits to two basic types, these massively changes the gameplay
A) Sandbox - Sandbox campaigns allows you to build your units, to do anything with them.
B) Real Time Strategy - Akin to other games, you use premade units to win
Official Campaigns[edit | edit source]
- Neter - The most completed campaign, provides difficulty for all skill levels. Purely a sandbox experience
- WW2 Dangerous Waters - First community made campaign that got integrated to the base game, offers a WW2 themed RTS gameplay with pre-made units
- Glao - A smaller sized campaign with a volume limit, much smaller and relies on players adaptation to new threats
- Ashes of The Empire - A land based campaign, uses the game land feature to the max. However due to volume limit and the non-existential difficulty sliders its not recommended for new players
- From The Shadows - A Halloween themed sandbox campaign, time limited.
- Cold Loch Christmas - A Christmas themed sandbox campaign, time limited.
Custom Campaigns[edit | edit source]
Custom Campaigns are smaller that the official one, they can offer unique experience but they lack the needed manpower to be updated quickly if a new update rolls out
And in most cases, they have no difficulty sliders, so Custom Campaigns can provide quite harsh results to newcomers
- 1905 - The World of Yesterday : Semi realistic campaign set in 1905 time line
- Azarian Desert - Land based Sandbox campaign, very similar to the Ashes of The Empire
- Changing Tides - Campaign similar to Neter, but with a focus to make enjoyable experience over making a challenge
- Zarmina - Campaign that includes player Clans (Factions) as in game factions
- WW2 Lite - A sister campaign of WW2, keeps the theme of the old warfare but offers Sandbox experience instead
- Age of Sail: Sea's on Fire: the player is in the Age of Sail and faces nations from the time
- Zrytix: A RTS campaign set in near future, story follows a invasion of alien planet and the struggle of all combating factions.
- Terrus Asunder : A campaign where you fight on a planet which is engulfed in civil war.
Campaign options[edit | edit source]
- Difficulty modifier (0.2 to 5.0): Enemy damage and durability are scaled by this amount. Experience is scaled by this setting.
- Enemy growth factor (0.25 to 2.0): Affects how quickly enemy forces grow. Experience is scaled by the square root of this setting.
- Resource given by destroying enemy (0.0 to 0.1): What percentage of resources are given when enemy blocks are destroyed. Experience is scaled linearly from 2x at 0.0 to 1x at 0.1.
- Enemy design difficulty (0.0 to 3.0): The higher this setting is, the more likely advanced enemy designs are to appear. Specifically, designs more than 1 difficulty away from the setting are much less likely to appear:
- Easy: 0
- Regular: 1
- Expert: 2
- Godly: 3
- Experience is scaled linearly from 0.5x at 0.0 to 2x at 3.0.
- Centralised or localised resources: With centralised, resources are stored globally and can be accessed from anywhere, while with localised resources are stored on vessels and can only be transferred within 1 km. Centralized resources gives 0.5x experience, and local resources gives 1x experience.
The maximum possible experience multiplier is and the minimum possible is .