The campaign is the main mode you can play in in From the Depths, in most cases its fairly simple, you have a base, the enemy has a base, you attack the enemy base and win. Often there is more than 1 faction so you would need to repeat the same thing many times.
Campaign Types[edit | edit source]
Campaigns splits to two basic types, these massively changes the gameplay
A) Sandbox - Sandbox campaigns allows you to build your units, to do anything with them.
B) Real Time Strategy - Akin to other games, you use premade units to win
Official Campaigns[edit | edit source]
- Neter - The most completed campaign, provides difficulty for all skill levels. Purely a sandbox experience
- Dangerous Waters - First community made campaign that got integrated to the base game, offers a WW2 themed RTS gameplay with pre-made units
- Glao - A smaller sized campaign with a volume limit, much smaller and relies on players adaptation to new threats
- Ashes of the Empire - A land based campaign, uses the game land feature to the max. However due to volume limit and the non-existential difficulty sliders its not recommended for new players
- From The Shadows - A Halloween themed sandbox campaign, time limited.
- Cold Loch Christmas - A Christmas themed sandbox campaign, time limited.
Custom Campaigns[edit | edit source]
|This article may need updating to the game's current version. Use information provided here with care.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "Chances are most of the custom campaigns are dead by now"
Custom Campaigns are smaller that the official one, they can offer unique experience but they lack the needed manpower to be updated quickly if a new update rolls out
And in most cases, they have no difficulty sliders, so Custom Campaigns can provide quite harsh results to newcomers
- 1905 - The World of Yesterday : Semi realistic campaign set in 1905 time line
- Azarian Desert - Land based Sandbox campaign, very similar to the Ashes of The Empire
- Changing Tides - Campaign similar to Neter, but with a focus to make enjoyable experience over making a challenge
- Zarmina - Campaign that includes player Clans (Factions) as in game factions
- WW2 Lite - A sister campaign of WW2, keeps the theme of the old warfare but offers Sandbox experience instead
- Age of Sail: Sea's on Fire: the player is in the Age of Sail and faces nations from the time
- Zrytix: A RTS campaign set in near future, story follows a invasion of alien planet and the struggle of all combating factions.
- Terrus Asunder : A campaign where you fight on a planet which is engulfed in civil war.
- Helious: A large campaign with 10 opposing factions with varied terrain, weather and more.
Campaign options[edit | edit source]
- Difficulty modifier (0.2 to 5.0): Enemy damage and durability are scaled by this amount. Experience is scaled by this setting.
- Enemy growth factor (0.25 to 2.0): Affects how quickly enemy forces grow. Experience is scaled by the square root of this setting.
- Resource given by destroying enemy (0.0 to 0.1): What percentage of resources are given when enemy blocks are destroyed. Experience is scaled linearly from 2x at 0.0 to 1x at 0.1.
- Enemy design difficulty (0.0 to 3.0): The higher this setting is, the more likely advanced enemy designs are to appear. Specifically, designs more than 1 difficulty away from the setting are much less likely to appear:
- Easy: 0
- Regular: 1
- Expert: 2
- Godly: 3
- Experience is scaled linearly from 0.5x at 0.0 to 2x at 3.0.
- Centralised or localised resources: With centralised, resources are stored globally and can be accessed from anywhere, while with localised resources are stored on vessels and can only be transferred within 1 km. Centralized resources gives 0.5x experience, and local resources gives 1x experience.
The maximum possible experience multiplier is and the minimum possible is .